Monday, December 11, 2006

Pride FC Shockwave 2006


December 31st Pride Fighting Championship will hold an event called Shockwave 2006 and will feature a heavyweight title bout between Fedor Emelianeko and Mark Hunt....

LOL @ Mark Hunt wtf... there is no decent competition in the heavyweight division anymore. Anyhoo here is the fight card:





Fedor Emelianeko vs. Mark Hunt
Tatsuya Kawajiri vs. Gilbret Melendez
Shinya Aoki vs. Joachim Hansen
Mauricio Shogun vs. Nakamura Kazuhiro
Takanori Gomi vs. Mitsuhiro Ishida

Well I haven't posted about PrideFC yet and to be honest I don't remember details about all the fighters - especially the asian ones :s I do know that I can not stand Takanori Gomi. He is arrogant and I don't like his one dimensional fighting style. I hope he gets choked out again. I know that I DO like Mauricio Shogun who is fighting Nakamura Kazuhiro who I have seen fight countless times but for some reason I don't remember his fighting style. I think he is a jiu jitsu guy so he will of course lose to Shogun who is a BJJ master. The main event will be laughable in my opinion. I think that Fedor will do to Hunt what he did to Coleman which was to take his time picking him apart like a noob. I believe he COULD finish the fight very quickly but I think he is getting bored of winning so easily so he delays the inevitable on his opponent to give the crowd a bit of a show. Fedor is my favorite fighter right in the world right now. I don't think there is anyone alive that can beat him at the moment... no one at any weight.